The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The PM will be responsible for a portfolio of projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that will cross multiple business divisions. The PM will play a number of different roles in actual practice:
- At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- Partner with Business Owners/Stake holders & IT on creating/reviewing functional /technical requirements, focusing on UX (data flow, and screen flow (UI) diagrams), quality, ease-of- use, and ease of integration within target markets.
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement – Work with the Process Manager, PMO to champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team building – Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
This position operates in a matrixed environment. A person in this position must interact effectively throughout the organization to gain the authority to achieve his/her financial and project objectives. This position requires a high level of autonomy while retaining the ability to work in a collaborative environment