Serve as an internal consulting leader to improve Hertz’ fleet and revenue performance. Structure and lead projects in the areas of joint fleet/revenue optimization, asset utilization, fleet acquisition & remarketing. Work collaboratively with business leaders and lead small teams of 1-2 consultants/analysts plus functional SMEs.
- Generate a minimum of $5 million in profitability impact per calendar year
- Structure and execute projects to improve profitability and customer service; areas of focus include revenue forecasting, pricing, fleet management/acquisition/remarketing, car class mix & assignment, asset utilization, and performance management.
- Structure projects – including value levers and potential, cross-functional participation & requirements, activities and timeline, costs and risks
- Closely collaborate with senior division and functional leaders at the Director, VP, and SVP levels to generate project sponsorship, participation, and buy-in
- Lead a full-time consulting team of 1-2 people plus functional team members to execute consulting projects, including
- Structure ambiguous problems using tools such as issue trees, storylines, storyboards and other tools
- Identify key issues, determine right analyses to conduct, oversee and pressure-test quantitative analytics
- Plan and conduct large and small group workshops as needed
- Identify and leverage external and internal industry/functional experts
- Syndicate findings with divisional leaders and SVP of Fleet, Procurement, and PMO, and adjust approach as needed
- Develop synthesized presentations, summarized to the appropriate level (CEO, EVPs, SVPs, project leadership)
- Develop and coach analysts/consultants to build consulting toolkit across problem solving skills, internal client relationships, and presentation skills.
- Role model inspirational leadership
- Build Fleet & Revenue CI group’s credibility with functional/divisional stakeholders and senior management; generate ongoing pull for assistance and value-add
A person in this position must interact effectively throughout the global organization to gain the authority to achieve his/her financial objectives. This position requires a high level of autonomy while retaining the ability to work in a collaborative environment.