As a Data Management Platform (DMP) Manager on the Marketing Technology team you’ll be helping Hertz marketers leverage their disparate data assets and DMP solutions to power their marketing efforts. This position will help with leading the implementation and optimization of DMPs to execute cross-channel consumer and programmatic campaigns. The DMP manager will drive the evolution of audience management and targeting and support the aggregation of first, second & third-party audience data from cross-channel marketing efforts and manage the DMP to support the execution of paid media campaigns and other digital marketing campaigns. You will champion the use of the DMP within the marketing organization across brands to drive adoption of the DMP and other platforms to advance the targeting sophistication of digital campaigns, help manage the intersection of robust 1st party data with newly available 3rd party data, and partner with the paid media team and our agency to enhance cross channel targeting
- Lead customer DMP platform solution implementations and help Hertz stand up on DMP, operationalize and facilitate utilization
- Assist in onboarding 1st by leveraging various onboarding tools such as Liveramp
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements for DMP implementation, data taxonomy configuration and digital tracking
- Champion audience targeting practices and audience-first thinking within Marketing, provide a consultative approach to Digital Optimization and Marketing Managers responsible for brand building, engagement and acquisition campaigns.
- Oversee various campaigns and their performance through the DMP
- Analyze internal, external or integrated audience data and information to identify insights that support business decision and initiatives, from planning phases through activation
- Develop advanced customer segmentation strategies and use segmentation to build audiences in partnership with paid media teams, target and find those customers (and similar customers using lookalike modeling) across marketing channels
- Partner with Paid Media, Agency teams to develop testing capabilities across DMP segments, including test structures, deployment and analysis.
- Collaborate with media partners to configure, test, and validate destinations (social, display, rich media, targeting platforms) to send segments for audience activation
- Identify opportunities to scale 1st party data use and enhance audience effectiveness
- Facilitate new integrations within and outside of the platform with digital vendors and internal data warehouses to enhance audience capabilities
- Oversee DMP segment intake process and platform permissions
- Demonstrate an understanding of legal issues (GDPR, etc.) around data privacy and security, data ingestion etc.
- Provide data-oriented support and training on systems, procedures, best practices, related to data providers and quality
- Participate in DMP roadmap development including requesting new features and capability enhancements and track to completion and activation, keeping Optimization team members and stakeholders aware of product updates
- Oversee all performance analysis for campaigns run through the DMP
- Manage day-to-day relationships with technology partners, data providers, and activation teams
Targeted Start Date: January 2019